Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
181 - 200 of 432 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Greatfishing today , first spot at bird road had a fewsmall ones up to. 15 inches. Went to the safeway warehouse and caught 3 over 20 inches ,4 more over 18 inches and the smallest were 17. Tried this spot with light current before and no luck, gates all the way up the lastcouple of weeks and the fish are grouped up after the corners.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Gates went down all the way today, water level dropped 2.5 feet overnight. All tnose fish hitting in the corners are now is the shade of the bridges . Cast up under and twitch it out , iwhen you get a hit set the hook fast , they are swallowing the soft swim shads.Taking my tablet next time to get some pics and possibly video.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey there I did not get your name today, hit me up I usally fish every day. Most days are 15 to 30 minute trips , at least once a week its a trip with the guys after work and we hunt the stripers on the latest info from we gather from our little trips and we will fish till sundown.Had to run today it was my job this morning to pickup the birthday cake and I had to get some fish first.

·
Registered
178 Posts
888 334-2258 poacher reporting hotline .. two a--holes were pulling out undersized stripers out of the mendota canal and hiding them in the weeds behind them . Hopefully a warden found them after i called it in .early 90's gold camry with gold trim have seen them out there before ,now i know how their fishing .keep an eye out in the tracy area and load this number in your phone.

·
Registered
50 Posts
fished wensday and it was slow ,even at the farm it was slow 2 small stripers and a nice cat.gates were a bit up and the water was dirty and fast .with this heat might be time to do some night fishing.
ive tried night fishing with little success. 1 or 2 at the ducts and 1 cat in the mendota last yr. Any tips? tried bait, and flukes, and r traps

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yesterday caught 1 fish atgates by huron 21 inches and 1 at the avenl cut off gates 19 inches. One on anchovie and 1 on mudsucker. Getting those things is a chore. Only 1 in 2 hrs. Guy caught a 39 inch catfish on a nightcrawler.

Today went to avenal gates and got a 25 inch striper on a nightcrawler and a 21 inch on another nightcrawler. 11 little throw backs from 11 inches - 16 inches.

Both days times have been 10am to 2pm times for me

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anybody know where to fish in patterson I'm moving there in a few days but would like to know what areas are decent spots i don't need to know your secret hole but just an area I'm moving off of sperry

·
Registered
178 Posts
ive tried night fishing with little success. 1 or 2 at the ducts and 1 cat in the mendota last yr. Any tips? tried bait, and flukes, and r traps
chicken livers and chovies at night do the trick for cats and stripers ,usally tie on a 2 or3 ounce slider with 3 to 4 foot leader and let it drift with current .seem to get a lot more fish of the bigger size when the bait is drifting with the current

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yesterday caught 1 fish atgates by huron 21 inches and 1 at the avenl cut off gates 19 inches. One on anchovie and 1 on mudsucker. Getting those things is a chore. Only 1 in 2 hrs. Guy caught a 39 inch catfish on a nightcrawler.

Today went to avenal gates and got a 25 inch striper on a nightcrawler and a 21 inch on another nightcrawler. 11 little throw backs from 11 inches - 16 inches.

Both days times have been 10am to 2pm times for me
your getting some nice sized fish in your area, were up near the start of the canals ,think i'll look for the first set of elevation pumps and try that area down stream in the patterson area. usally fish down to westly area but not further.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Does anybody know where to fish in patterson I'm moving there in a few days but would like to know what areas are decent spots i don't need to know your secret hole but just an area I'm moving off of sperry
Looked at google maps today and found some gates near you just north of sperry.Have not googled the area before but will make avtrip to the gates in a few weeks , they look like a good spot with some bends above and below.Use lures or chicken liver and walk the sides , schools move around and you will find them.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Anyone try Bethany resevoir with a boat? Called fish and game today at the stockton office and they confirmed that if you catch bluegill and perch that you can use them as live bait as long as you do not transport them from the water where you caught them in. Oh yea have caught redear before and lost them to stripers , but heard the were not allowed as bait. Now confirmed that it is legal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Got a great report for everybody. Walmart has a abu garcia cardinal s combo on clearance right now for 13 bucks. I picked up the last one at the walmart closest to me. Lures for 1.50. They have some nice rebel lure in blue gil colors. I got 3. For 1.50 you cant beat that.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well apparently all wal marts were having the same sale except the one in Manteca. I will try out in tracy at the walmart. Did pickup a trolling motor for under a hundred bucks though.Wind still blowing hard and only one fish in the last 3 days, usally fish 20 minutes after work on the way home.Water has not moved in the south tracy area , no current -no fish again .heading out later today and will try the california aquaducthave not tried there in some time.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Went out monday near the fire station next to the safeway warehouse.15 to 19 inchers, not bad for 40 minutes. As soon as the current picked up the bite picked up , same old swim shad down deep across the middle of the canal

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everybody, how's it going? I'm new to the forum but I've been fishing the ducts around Grantline/Byron for about 4 years now. Glad to know that this community exists. I used to mainly bait fish but this year I switched over to a baitcasting set up and I've really started to appreciate all of the nuances to this type of fishing. If anyone has any tips in regards to new places to try or lure recommendations I'm all ears. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up at any point, I'm always looking for a good fishing buddy. Tight lines everybody.

181 - 200 of 432 Posts