Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a Maine native, this will be my first spring/summer that I will be fly fishing for stripers down here.

Where is a good place to go? I prefer to wade in the surf or beaches, dont have a boat but may pick up a kayak this year.

When do schoolies show up down here? Am I better to go on the south shore of the Cape? I live in Medford so I know im probably going to have to drive a distance.

thanks for all your help, can't wait!!!:flyfish:

· Registered
5,925 Posts
how close are you to the saco river? the beach fronts are fine if you fish early am or at night but during the day i'd hit the mouth. some of the places i fished up there can't be explained unless i'm up there. i'm ssuming you are no stranger to a flyrod... i

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how close are you to the saco river? the beach fronts are fine if you fish early am or at night but during the day i'd hit the mouth. some of the places i fished up there can't be explained unless i'm up there. i'm ssuming you are no stranger to a flyrod... i
I don't live in Maine anymore, I know the Saco quite well though. Im looking for someplace in Massachusetts to fish.

· The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
1,148 Posts
I would start at any herring run for schoolies with in the next two weeks. If you are in Medford you won't have to drive too far to get into fish. Just find water that meets the ocean. any of the northshore harbors should be decent as well as many of the north shore rivers. IF you are going to have a Yak you should be in business. I am not going to start shouting out locations over the web but I would start scouting some of the river mouths near you and bring your rod. Sending a few practice casts out with various flys will help you gauge your sink rate etc and fine tune your presentation for when they show up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.