Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Official Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got the hang of trolling with jigs and everything and actually did very well until now, but I was wondering when does the catch of spots and live lining begin? I've noticed that the fish have came much closer to shore into the shallows and was wondering are they starting to chase live fish now?

· Official Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do you catch spots by the bulk?
Spots are easily caught with bloodworms. I go out from Breezy Point Marina and just about 5 minute ride I get to the 15-17ft waters where I catch my spots within an hour or less. Been doing super well with it. Using a triple hook with no sinkers or anything and been nonstop action. Don't even have time to use more than 1 rod. I go to an area right right across Chesapeake beach in the Eastern Bay. If you are near Chesapeake Beach area and want to meet on a weekend for me to show you, I'd be glad to how we do it :) otherwise good luck and fish on!

· Registered
10 Posts
Spots are easily caught with bloodworms. I go out from Breezy Point Marina and just about 5 minute ride I get to the 15-17ft waters where I catch my spots within an hour or less. Been doing super well with it. Using a triple hook with no sinkers or anything and been nonstop action. Don't even have time to use more than 1 rod. I go to an area right right across Chesapeake beach in the Eastern Bay. If you are near Chesapeake Beach area and want to meet on a weekend for me to show you, I'd be glad to how we do it :) otherwise good luck and fish on!
Hard for me to get out on weekends but I can free on Mon and Tues.
Is the place in front of that Pink hotel on Chesapeake Beach? I was there yesterday and caught about dozen in an hour.

Where do you fish for stripers?

· Official Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To catch strippers I go accross chesapeake beach. If you look at the map you should be able to find "Easterm Bay" and I fish in the 24-30ft water. If you go there, you should be able to see tons of boats. I head out there around 3pm and by 4:30 I get my limit (I usually go with 2-3 friends) and head back to chesapeake beach.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.