Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

What kind of striper fishing do you do mostly?

101 - 120 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Re: What kind of striper fishing do you do?

It is Feb 1st. It is raining in my area in Mass. The local ponds haven't froze once to go ice fishing. So the only fishing I do is in my sleep. The fishing has been great and the stripers have been HUGE. I am hoping to beat my personal best caught last night. A 69lber on a hand line.

·
Registered
9 Posts

I didnt spend all that money on my boat to fish from shore, but anyone in southern Maine or NH are welcome to join me if you are a member of this forum (and you bring 5 gallons of gas lol).

·
swabbie
42 Posts

99% beach with the 4wheeler, easier on the ole knees... used to fish the boat but got to be more of a pia than enjoyment... Have a small place on the obx and do some fishing down there when ever I can get free of NJ and the grands.....cinch

·
Striper Hunter
90 Posts

99.8% of my fishing is from shore & judging by the poles looks like shore fishing rules!!!!!!!
My usual haunt is the C.C.Canal (yes I have a canal cruiser),I fish at night & drift eels,If IM lucky enough and stay for the sunrise I'll plug,jig buck tails,spoons and shads.I guess you can say all of my fishing is at night I personally think it's the only way to go.

After being cooped up all winter I'll fish daylight or anytime hrs.for the Spring run,heck @ this point it really doesn't matter just as along as I get out there and wet a line.

Good luck this yearthumbsup.gif

5/0

·
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·

Sure it is blask.
Some of the guys might want to know what that is. :icon_cvc:

Water Sky Cloud Boat Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

·
Official Member
100 Posts

Right on! Thats a pic of my buddy Paul Melnyk-the guy who invented skishing and who taught me! Are there really guys who don't know what it is?

·
Striper Hunter
90 Posts

Flat out....You Guy's got balls!(The skishin crew)
I love fishing,grew up fishing since I was able to walk.....You can't put me in there territory in the dark of night!What I mean is,here you are fishing in the dark of night hundreds of yards off shore in a wet suit with a bag off eels on your side,you catch a nice fish & decide to keep it and tie it to your belt,but little did you know she's bleeding a lil bit....Now your shark bait.Right?!
I forgot to mention what about boaters that come in close to shore or a$$hole boater looking to start problems,
I know there have been no reports of shark attacks but with my luck I know If try Skishin I'll be the first one to get attacked by a shark!

5/0

·
Cow Catcher
937 Posts

Always fished from shore...but this year i got a boat.:redbiggrin:

·
Official Member
43 Posts

Well I picked freshwater lake from bank. It was the closest there was. I actually fish the dam from the bank. The way the guntersville dam is set up is there is a long wall that runs the side of the water. Start at the top and walk down the wall keeping up with the current. Hard work...hot...and will wear you out fast. But 110% worth it. I have pulled some monster fish from here.

Several Salts 25+lbs a few hybrid between 10-20 lbs. A couple of cats upwards of 50lbs. More Drum over 30lbs that I can count. Giant alligator gar, huge carp, and amazingly large crappie in the winter along with a good deal of sauger.
All in all lake guntersville is just an amazing spot for fishing. I have been going there since I was about 5 years old. And I do not plan on changing anytime soon!

101 - 120 of 227 Posts