Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent the last 2 nights in my kayak in and around the Westport River. Mostly just scouting and storing potential spots in my GPS to revisit later. Did toss some lures occasionally, but did not mark a single fish on the sonar all weekend and saw very little baitfish activity. Water temps were in the upper 40's so we should start to see some activity soon. For now, it's back to work... cadicted.gif

·
Registered
24 Posts
Baitrunner...have always enjoyed reading your posts...I am headed for Fairfiels, CT on the 20th of May for a couple of days of striper fishing...have a buddy w/ a boat. You think the water temp will be up by then??? Put another way...Am I crazy???
Any words of wisdom/advice on the area would be much appreciated.
Tight lines to ya',
barn

·
Premium Member
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya Barn,
From what I hear through the grapevine, the bite is starting to pick up in CT even now. Right now NOAA is reporting New London, CT water temp at 51.8 degrees... anything above 50 is good news! By May 20th there's no doubt there will be some decent fish around there. You should be golden my friend thumbsup.gif I've never fished CT waters myself, but it's all one big pond after all :wink1: There are plenty of CT guys on here who may be able to help you out a little more in that regard. Good luck and be sure to take some photos and let us know what goes down!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.