Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out for a while yesterday afternoon-evening (9/18/05)

Low tide 2:54 pm - High tide 9:01pm at the mouth.
Water temp 75 degrees.
Water depth 4-12 feet.
Wind 5-10kts
Partly cloudy skies.

Just after the tide started coming in huge amounts of baitfish showed up,, being chased by bluefish and small stripers. It sounded like rain the way the little fish were breaking the surface all over. I'm not sure exactly what they were, but they were about 2-3 inches long or so. Top water lures produced well, along with small flashy metals like Kastmasters or Deadly Dicks. Also picked up a schoolie on Tube & Worm. Many small fish in the water, but didn't find any over 20 inches. Water was just on the edge of being too warm I think.

· Premium Member
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
9/25/05

Sunday evening, 9/25/05

Outgoing tide.
Water temp 67 degrees.
Water depth 4-12 feet.
Wind S @ 15-25 kts
Partly cloudy skies.

Stepped on a big :skunk: last night. Wind was killer, making for a difficult time. Saw some baitfish jumping around, but nothing was hitting. Was glad to see the water temps down a little. I wish the seas would settle down so I could get out on the beachfronts & ledges. 7 ft seas forecasted for this evening!! OUCH!!

· Premium Member
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saturday, Oct. 1, 2005

Top of morning high tide, to early afternoon low tide
Sunny, very light wind
Water temp 65 degrees
Water quality, murky

The seas finally settled down enough for me to get outside the river a little. Picked up a few 25-27 inch stripers on an orange 24" tube & worm along the beach front just outside the breakers. Did some drifts along a couple of the ledges, and hit a school of scup that provided some fun for a while and dinner for tonight. That's about it. Not much happening today, but it was a great day to be out on the water. Beautiful weather, quiet seas, crappy running boat, lol. th_c4dffb1f.gif

· Premium Member
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OOPS! Just checked the regs and you're right, my bad. As I was launching I heard a couple guys talking about catching scup out there on Friday so I didn't think twice about keeping a couple when they hit my fluke rig. Maybe they were commercial guys. I should have checked first. I'd never intentionally keep something out of season.

brick.gif

· Registered
261 Posts
Spent the weekend fishing from 0400 - 1500 on both days. Nice weather!

27 Stripers the biggest being 25". VERY frustrating. No bluefish at all.

Water temps were averaging 67f.
I tried T&W - nothing.
Deadly Dicks - nothing
Bombers - nothing
various Yo-Zuris - nothing
small Kastmaster - 3 Stripers
A fresh water plug that my buddy gave me - 24 Stripers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.