Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so we have a little night outing coming together the Westport, MA area this Friday night. Either in the river or out front, depending on the conditions.

Anyone interested in joining us? I'll be on the water from about 11pm until 5:30 am or so. Let me know if you want to join in and I'll PM you with the details. High tide is around 3am.

So far we have 3 people involved with a possible 4th. thumbsup.gif

·
will work for stripers
2,530 Posts
EDIT** Keep it up you little post whore, 10 more til a grand!
holy...chit....thats right...1000 here i come baby...who hoo.....:ukliam3:

ill feel out the situation at home and take a lookey at the driving time to westport...i really should get some sleep friday night..but im good to set my alarm for early saturday morning...say 12:01...wheres westport again?...seriously i do doubt it, but ya never know.

·
Premium Member
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The river is very canoe friendly, as long as you aren't trying to go against the tidal current, which can move pretty well in spots especially as it's emptying toward low tide. I like to plan my night trips so that I'm riding the current up river on the incoming and then ride the dropping tide back down. With high tide Friday night at around 3am,, this should work perfectly. Generally there's about an hour (or more the farther up river you go) after predicted high tide before the current really changes direction.

The only hang-up to this would be if the river water is too warm. In which case we'll want to be out front in cooler water. Still some fairly protected areas where you'd be OK I think.

·
Premium Member
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Head count is at 5 or 6 right now, with some possibly showing up later (3am'ish) How bout you Gary? I'll swing my ocean side launch and check out the conditions before meeting up at the Rt. 88 ramp.

Anyone else want in? Let me know and I'll PM the details thumbsup.gif

·
Grouchy old Bassturd
1,033 Posts
Duh,
That's tonight.
Got a "prior" with the wife.
Friday nights are usually tough for me (wife gets demanding once a week).
Some call it a TGIF party night. (A group thing)
Sometimes I can weasle out,,, but I need to wear her out the night before! sign10.gif

·
Premium Member
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very interesting... So let me get this straight, unless you wear your wife out on Thursday, she wants to do a "group" thing on Friday? I did not know that about you Gary. My wife and I have never really gotten into the whole "group" thing. :icon_redface:

No problem Gary,, I'll hook up with you sometime soon at the GAP,, and I'm not talking about the store, so shut up :redbiggrin:

·
Premium Member
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finally getting around to finishing off this thread. Had the pleasure of fishing with Randy (remy4u97) and his buddy Jim Friday night. The wind kept us in the river for the night, and the water temps were a bit too high to see any action. A couple small fish were all we managed, so those who couldn't make it didn't miss much. Water temps in the river were around 66-69 degrees, and with much cooler water nearby I'm sure that's where the fish were. Unfortunately the wind/swells kept us from the cooler water out front. :icon_sad:

Thanks for making the trip guys! Hope the drive home wasn't too brutal thumbsup.gif

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.