Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Doesn’t look too promising, they’ll be creeping on up, and I’ll be ready and waiting, start fishing next week Albany area

·
Registered
18 Posts
A friend of mine was fishing on the Piermont Pier last Friday, and had no hits. He had heard that fish were being caught in Croton, and tried his luck. Honestly, I didn't even know that people were allowed to fish from the Pier still. I remember back in the 1992, my brother and I used to catch bunches of schoolies on blood worms and less than a hundred foot cast from the north side.

The weather is above freezing, and these few days have warmed plenty of water up in the streams. As they flow into the main part of the river, the Hudson will be warming. Soon. Soon. Soon. I pray, soon.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Absolutely Insane conditions, went Monday morning, stayed overnight till Tuesday 16th-17th, rained for two days on and off, Albany area is about a foot higher at hign Tide, the water went from OK to Mudd by Tues. morn.
I'll be going back Wed-Sat Managed one small hold over below the Dam Mon. night on a 1oz. jig right on the shore line, wasn't even expecting it, just hit as I was reeling in. about 22in. length.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts