Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

18,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Virginia Fuels Tax Refund!
Recreational boaters who purchase fuel in the Commonwealth of Virginia can get some tax relief in the form of refunds. Thanks to legislation pushed by state Del. Eric Cantor, since July 1 boaters are able to obtain a tax refund of 17-1/2 cents per gallon on gasoline and 16 cents per gallon on diesel fuel. To qualify for the refund, boaters must buy at least five gallons of fuel per purchase in Virginia but do not have to be Virginia residents.

Recreational boaters were able to receive a refund on state fuel taxes up until 1990. Since that time, boaters who bought fuel have been paying a special tax that does not benefit boating. Boaters can pick up their refund applications at any Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) office or get the form on the Internet at www.dmv.state.va.us , the click on "forms," then "other" to find fuel tax form FT216. For specific questions regarding the tax refund, call Ernestine Barrett, DMV Financial Management Services, at 804-367-1831, or e-mail [email protected].

· Registered
143 Posts
Jesus dude you buy a lot of gas lol.

I do cross the bridge for gas and cigarettes though...F MD taxes. 5.50 for a freakin pack of cigs.

Although I'm glad I'm in a blue state, it should be red because of the COMMIES IN ANNAPOLIS!!!!!!!

· First Mate
261 Posts
Allot to be said for being on this side of the river!

Ya gotta buy fuel if your gonna fish a bunch.. That 200 really likes that 92 octane! Now if they would give me a tax break on the diesel for the truck?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.