Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking of new ways to trick the mighty striper. Has anyone ever used dodgers and sewn bait such as macks or pogies? It works well with other fish I am wondering if it will work with slider rigs?

Any comments?

1,559 Posts
Never really thought about doing that, but, it would probably work. There are less time consuming ways to accomplish the same effect. Some guy's do almost nothing else but Yo-Yoing. Tying a weight into a bunker or Mac and jigging it. Some tournaments have banned the tactic as too successfull on large fish, and it causes a lot of fish to end up with a belly full of lead. A well known and honest Striper fisherman was disqualified from a large tournie in Mass last year becuase his entry had several Yo-Yo weights in the stomach. this may be a way to avoid that outcome, give it a shot and let us know.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A dodger is a large metal flat "blade" with a swivel of each end of it. They are used for trolling. The "blade" thumps side to side creating a vibration and flash/color depending on what style of dodger you are using. It causes the bait to "wag" and dart from side to side when trolled. We use it for salmon fishing, but I have seen this technique used on inland stripers as well. I figure that a striper is a striper, and the same action should attract the salty brothas as well as inland fish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.