Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· LunkerSpunker
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing around in google earth and maptech looking for a spot to fish when I got to thinking, wow it would be great if I could lay the chart image over the google earth image and have the best of both in one, when I found that exact feature in google earth. This application is absolutely amazing. I had to first do a screen shot of the charted area (hit print screen then open paint and ctrl + paste, then use the selector to more define my selected area and paste into new doc) and save it as a jpg file. Then in google earth under add there is an image overlay option! I simply browsed to the saved file of the charted area and put it in, turned down the opaqueness until I could see both the info from the chart pic and the google earth image clearly, then I had to zoom in and out of google earth a little so that the coast lined up, and whala! This is such a great tool, I'll just make little overlays of areas I want to fish, print em up and go.

Attachments

· LunkerSpunker
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now I just have to figure out how to get google earth to print out a full page picture of the area, everything prints smaller on half a sheet of paper....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.