Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Official Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody having any luck at te federal dam? Thinking of going north tonight of its worth it.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The water is real murky up here. I don't think anyone up here is having any luck at all.

·
Official Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fished Albany south to castleton for 13 hours with one run. Hit a school of herring and they were it for the day. Anybody have any luck today? Didn't see a fish boated all day either.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think I'm done with Albany for the year, if I go Tuesday it's Catskills or Newburgh. Especially since they are calling for rain on Tuesday yet again

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I went on a Charter from Albany to Coeymans from 5am to noon with nothing. Boat Captain said the striper have really shut down. I'm heading south again. Tough to go from 28 fish on Fri to zilch today. They may not be as big south but it sure is more fun just to catch them.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I went on a Charter from Albany to Coeymans from 5am to noon with nothing. Boat Captain said the striper have really shut down. I'm heading south again. Tough to go from 28 fish on Fri to zilch today. They may not be as big south but it sure is more fun just to catch them.
who did you go out with??

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
We went out with Capt Bob Wason out of Albany Yacht Club.
he has quite the ride doesn't he?? :adore:

question for you ....... do you feel like you learned anything??

i like the idea of fishing out of a big comfortable boat but i honestly think i can catch just as many fish as any of the guides

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
he has quite the ride doesn't he?? :adore:

question for you ....... do you feel like you learned anything??

i like the idea of fishing out of a big comfortable boat but i honestly think i can catch just as many fish as any of the guides
Yes, even though we didn't catch any I picked his brain and learned a lot. He's been fishing the Hudson Striper since 1988 and knows where they hand out. I've generally been fishing the wrong areas up here in Albany so now with this new info I'll get em up here next year. For now I'm traveling down to Newburgh where they are. This weekend we caught 40 down there on Fri and Sun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts