Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on guys?

I'm working on a feature for a fishing magazine and I'd like a little input if you can. The article is going to feature the top lures (plugs, metals, tins, etc) to use right now for jettty fishing. What's working right now in the Central Jersey region?

I know Deadly Dicks and Kastmasters are working for blues, but what else are you using to catch blues and schoolie bass from the jetties?

Drop me a line if you can.

J. R. Warnet
[email protected]

·
Duke of Fluke
57 Posts
I would like to know this as well, I have been fishing the jetty's down here in South Jersey and using a number of plugs and lures with no luck. I have been working a 5" Knucklehead and a 6" Tsunami Pencil popper most recently.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gibbs pencils and needle fish. Ava jigs and hopkins and allways a Deadly Dick with the green strip. Don't forget your Bombers, black and school bus. And stuff your pockets with Teasers!:GrayWingSmiley:

·
Official Member
67 Posts
I use soft plastics on jig heads - DOA, BA Finn S etc. (and stuff I hand pour - mostly 5" paddle tail swim shad) on anywhere from a 1/4 to 1 oz head - just let them roll with the current or a slow retrieve if not enough current

·
Registered
2 Posts
last year mirror lures worked well on the jettys in SJ in the spring

·
Registered
5 Posts
I actually have a question more than input here. I've been a hardcore bait guy since I was a kid. Long story short after witnessing the success lures can bring, I am about 4 months in to intense plug fishing with great results. My confidence is in topwater walking lures and I have been knockin down some solid fish on creek chubbs 6 inch pin popper. I work this thing every which way.... pop, pause, pop, pop, walk, pause pop, walk. Whatever I'm feeling pretty much and its my go to lure. I have searched this item so many times with little info and I'm hoping someone can tell me if my newly acquired 9 inch pin popper is worth while as a SURF plug?? Ive tried it once but the landing on the cast is like a cannonball. Gets great action and casts a mile but I'm wondering if I'm just spooking the stripers and chasin the bait away or if its the type of lure that will require a truly large fish to take an interest (by large I mean over 40 inches). Caught plenty between 28-37 inches on the 6 pin and I'm really trying to lay into some 40's before the seasons over. Would love some feedback cuz I cant find an angler in MA thats ever seen these lures outside of a sporting good store.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts