Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· King of Eels
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's a simple jig I made for my Mono tube lathe,inspired by something I saw East End Lu build, I adapted the idea for my own use.. on the principle of a gun drill, I set up a wood platform to bolt to the tool rest bed, a narrow board is affixed at a right angle and a strip of aluminum screwed to each side as a bearing surface, and is through drilled at the height of the drill bit on the lathe ( wood alone would wear to quickly), the rear of the bed is atached to the tail stock via a short bungee cord...

to drill, simply insert a long bit ( that now is supported the length of the drill) use the tail stock to adjust inward to the plug, hold the plug with one hand and slide the tail stock and drill bed assembelly as one , being sure to clear chip along the way, by using the jig, a parobolic 12" bit can be used with out the normal flexin problem that occurs...

Attachments

· King of Eels
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got some better pictures Rick... just not here.. I got the whole thing typed and realized that,,that was the only one I had... I'll post some better ones tonight if i get a chance..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.