Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Young salt
1,396 Posts
ZIM and FLOAT- Great Info here guys...my hookup ratio with eels was just not worth spending the money on those slimey critters, I was doing it all wrong...this info has me intrigued... I'm drifting eels next time out, Again Great Info thanks!
Fishing with eels can certainly be tough, the key is patience, patience and more patience. After you feel the initial "tap" on your rod and bow to the fish, wait a few seconds before setting the hook and your hook-up ratio will increase dramatically. Its kinda like riding a bike, once ya get yer first on eels you wont forget how ya got 'em. Good luck man, hope your hitting 'em as hard as we are here in north country.

StriperHyper ~ Will

·
Young salt
1,396 Posts
Hey Will, do you use eels up on OOB? Because me and my friend will be heading up there hopefully mid july, and we will be hitting the ogunquit area and hopefully OOB, have any pointers for fishing those areas?
I couldn't tell ya much about getting eels in Ogunquit (plenty of trouser trout though from what I hear :gayyee:) but you'll have no problem getting them in the OOB area. Saco Bay tackle is on Rte 1 in Saco, next town over from OOB, and they have anything you'll need from live eels to plugs, terminal tackle etc........I do recommend a trip to Chevy's bait and tackle if ya plan on using sandworms though, biggest ones around BY FAR!!!! Fishing with eels can be real good up here, especially @ a few spots in particular. PM me as we get closer and Id be happy to point ya in the general direction of a few areas that should put ya on fish. I recommend ya bring a pair of korkers as well if ya wanna fish the mecca of all Maine fishing spots. Good luck to ya my friend.

StriperHyper ~ Will

·
Young salt
1,396 Posts
Anyone have any luck live lining eels on cloudy days?
Eels are better served being fished at night with a slow retrieve, but every rule has an exception. Try em out a couple times, be it in the dead of the night, a bright sunny morning or an overcast day. Night time is the right time, but the only wrong time is spent not on the water!!!!

StriperHyper ~ Will

·
Young salt
1,396 Posts
Chevy's in nowhere close to York my friend.....I was saying if ur coming up to OOB ya gotta go to Chevy's 'cause they have, by far, the best worms in town. Chevy's is located at Camp Ellis, about a 10 minute ride outside of Old Orchard Beach. Let me see if I can get ya directions and I'll PM them to your inbox....if in fact you're gonna be in the OOB area at all :10187:

StriperHyper ~ Will

1 - 4 of 4 Posts