Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any marinas that rent out slips just for Striper season in the Newburgh area?

·
First Mate
907 Posts
Tell what I can do: I'll try to find my fishing map of the lower Hudson. I believe that they have a bunch listed according to area. I'll also look for older Boating on the Hudson magazines I have. I know for a fact that a couple of different years listed marinas/launches.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not sure of the name of the Marina, but Im pretty sure the one right near the public launch does this. Last year, when I was launching by myself one morning, the guy in front of me and I were chatting and he told me that this was the last time he was going to have to launch, because he was renting a slip in the marina that is just upstream of the launch for the month of May..I think he said it was something like 250 for the month.

Hope this helps....

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure of the name of the Marina, but Im pretty sure the one right near the public launch does this. Last year, when I was launching by myself one morning, the guy in front of me and I were chatting and he told me that this was the last time he was going to have to launch, because he was renting a slip in the marina that is just upstream of the launch for the month of May..I think he said it was something like 250 for the month.

Hope this helps....
Yes...very helpful.

·
Tyee
193 Posts
I have been getting a slip in green island for 4 years now and have to say it's the way to go if u fish as much as we do. I live in southern Vt so it's nice to just drive over, load gear and go.Seems like a lot of money bit if u figure in fuel, time of travel, wear n tear and the pain in but at the Albany launch lol, again we'll worth it. By the way doc how did u make out with the new boat

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been getting a slip in green island for 4 years now and have to say it's the way to go if u fish as much as we do. I live in southern Vt so it's nice to just drive over, load gear and go.Seems like a lot of money bit if u figure in fuel, time of travel, wear n tear and the pain in but at the Albany launch lol, again we'll worth it. By the way doc how did u make out with the new boat
For what I spent in gas towing last year I'm definitely gonna get a slip.. I ended up with 2 Grady Whites now. Both run well and are nice. One is up for sale but I'll be using both until it sells. I also still have the bass boat which I'm also selling.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Try Whites Marina in New Hamburg, a few miles north of the bridge and on the east side of river but they usually put the boats in early for stripers and you don't need to leave your hungry guard dog onboard to protect it. Good to know Doc is selling a Grady since my 26 foot hard top had a tough winter. The storage facility collapsed with my boat inside..waiting for the surveyor to look at the boat next weekend. Definitely won't be ready for stripers this year. If they total it, then I will be on the hunt for a replacement.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Try Whites Marina in New Hamburg, a few miles north of the bridge and on the east side of river but they usually put the boats in early for stripers and you don't need to leave your hungry guard dog onboard to protect it. Good to know Doc is selling a Grady since my 26 foot hard top had a tough winter. The storage facility collapsed with my boat inside..waiting for the surveyor to look at the boat next weekend. Definitely won't be ready for stripers this year. If they total it, then I will be on the hunt for a replacement.
Let me know if you need a boat.....my 89 Grady Trophy is ready to go.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm starting to think more about getting a slip in the Albany area. What options are available up that way? This will be my second season fishing up here and I hope to be on the water a lot. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I keep mine at Castleton. Nice little club good guys up there. Im pretty sure its the cheapest around too.
Look what the cat dragged in .....

Dude when i got your text that night asking me if i would hate you if you didn't come over and could make it up the next day i spent the rest of the night laughing laughing7.gif .......

Did she forgive you? :smiley17e:

Green Island is very expensive ... 22 or 25 dollars a foot or something.

Albany is better but check the date you need to be out .... my friend had to get his boat out of there way early one year.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm starting to think more about getting a slip in the Albany area. What options are available up that way? This will be my second season fishing up here and I hope to be on the water a lot. Thanks.
Green Island

Albany Yacht Club

Castleton Yacht Club

I think those are the three up this way
You might want to check here, also:

I have no idea of costs, but it is only about 15 mi. south of Albany, on the west shore, and has a very nice restaurant and ship's store on premises: :icon_idea:

http://www.coeymanslandingmarina.com/index.php

·
Registered
25 Posts
Look what the cat dragged in .....

Dude when i got your text that night asking me if i would hate you if you didn't come over and could make it up the next day i spent the rest of the night laughing laughing7.gif .......

Did she forgive you? :smiley17e:

Green Island is very expensive ... 22 or 25 dollars a foot or something.

Albany is better but check the date you need to be out .... my friend had to get his boat out of there way early one year.
Yea she forgave me.

Castletons a flat rate for fishing im pretty sure. Ill find out tonight and let you guys know.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.