Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· First Mate
767 Posts
To be honest I have to appluad the idea of a fishing registrey... Once our numbers are known we might have more of an impact... Could be wrong, but it's just my 2 cents

Bryan

· King of Eels
4,227 Posts
This is THE most rediculous thing these idots have EVER proposed.... they cant enforce the laws now,... each state has it's own say on how big and how many striped bass can be kept, but they propose a fedral permt.. just plain idiotic... make the fish a game fish, one size and bag limit for all states and you might have something... but right now with each state making their own rules it's just plain foolish, as far as calling anglers for info, no fisherman in their right mind is going to give these morons any usefull information... end of rant...

3,471 Posts
Things are out of hand now but in a way that makes me want a salt water license.

The areas I've been fishing all my life have become so over run with illegal types with absolutely no regard for the fish and game laws or for the environment that we can't even fish our spots anymore. Two guys will cover the the end of a jetty or area of the bayshore with 15 white rods and leave every bit of trash behind.

You don't see this in freshwater where a license is required, you don't see this on Sandy Hook after dark where a permit is required.

I vote yes for a salt water license.

· Registered
49 Posts
Things are out of hand now but in a way that makes me want a salt water license.

The areas I've been fishing all my life have become so over run with illegal types with absolutely no regard for the fish and game laws or for the environment that we can't even fish our spots anymore. Two guys will cover the the end of a jetty or area of the bayshore with 15 white rods and leave every bit of trash behind.

You don't see this in freshwater where a license is required, you don't see this on Sandy Hook after dark where a permit is required.

i agree with you. it's overdue.:cheers:

· Registered
501 Posts
I am sick of regulations and more licenses 10 [email protected]#$%^ licenses or documents if I'm guiding for hunting from a boat here in P.E.I., Canada. All this is doing is making my wallet lighter. One size one limit would be great. My oppion would be 26.8 in (68 cm) one striper per day. P.S. 11 if I have a firearm.

· (formerly brian21johansen)
976 Posts

I pretty much agree with you here.....but I still don't think it'll make that big of a difference......I've seen illegals walk away with Stripers measuring about 15" long- which is ridiculous!....and when I called the green police they never even came!(At least not until I was gone) If they can't enforce people taking undersized stripers then how are they gonna enforce people fishing without licenses? Unless they (Environmental Police) step up their game the law will be a joke.

· Lunker
145 Posts
It will be easy to enforce they will run the beach ask for license and give a ticket cut a dry and they won't have to chase charlie through the woods.the shorts will still go home and they won't change a thing as far as fishing goes.VT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.