Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Master of Nothing
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read some posts about this, but still unclear. For spinning gear what is the go-to knot for marrying mono backing to braid? On the other end for braid to mono or flouro leader? Thanks,
NEWBIE:pbdoi:

·
3,471 Posts
Crazy Alberto knot
A bit complicated and takes some practice but it's a great knot.

·
I had a BLAST!
2,429 Posts
What i use for braid to backing is a uni to uni knot. On my spinners, I use a swivel. Palomar, briad to swivel. Improved clinch, swivel to leader.
If i go direct from braid to leader, I'll use an Alberto knot. But the latter is not to often, mostly with my Abu's.
These will work equally well with Fireline.thumbsup.gif

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
I'm still stuck on the Albright knot for this. Seems to work great,, easy to tie,, and pretty guide friendly. I should experiment with some of the others mentioned. I've used the double Uni knot, but I can tie the Albright much more quickly and I don't worry about the strength. :whistle:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use the "nail knot" which I learned for tying flyline to backing, but it works with heavy mono to braided too. Instead of using a nail, I open up a ballpoint pen and clip off a litte bit of the empty part of the ink tube to help thread the line through when you finish the knot...
I found this pic on the net:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts