Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
brandonk said:
The Piscataqua River, it is between NH and Maine, we launch in Eliot, Me. and fish the river, Porstmouth Harbor or the ocean.
Cool, never heard of it. I'm down on the South Shore of mass, don't get up that far often.

Hows the fishin' up there?

·
Registered
757 Posts
The fishin is great up here! We have had some good nights w/ lots of stripers and some blues mixed in! We're catching them mostly on chunk mack right now, we didn't have very good luck using live bait in the spring, I don't know why?

·
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers
4,759 Posts
Brandon, for live bait fishin in the Spring, you gotta hit the skinny water ;) At the ends of inlets and rivers, and at dams. The Striper are concentrated in smaller areas. Its like, as we say...."fishing in a tub".

Fishing is good here. The marsh is still kickin', and the full moon flood tide always pulls in some pigs. End of Sept., after the full moon tide, is the end of the marsh fishin though. Off the beaches here in my town is incredible fishing right now. 3 fish between 32 and 38" the other night on chunk mack. Cant wait for some more plug action though.

·
Registered
757 Posts
We have always had good luck in the past using live macks or pollock in the river, just drifting near the bridges or some of the deep channels. This spring it was just not working, I think the 3 lb macks we we're catching aren't good for live bait :D

·
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers
4,759 Posts
Take them 3 pound macks up into Great Bay and up a smaller river, they will be devoured in seconds.

I will take you to my fave Spring honeyhole next season :D

Spring Herring Run = think dams & fishladders

·
Registered
503 Posts
RI and CT have had lots of blues and decent bass when you can get the blues to leave you alone for a few minutes.

This month I've had blues and bass up to 10#. Can't wait for the real fun to start.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts