Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WENT OUT THURSDAY AFTERNOON TO MY FAVORITE SOD BANK IN CAPE MAY COUNTY AT ONE OF MY FAVORITE INLETS. I HIT THE SLACK HIGH TIDE WHICH WAS A BLOW-IN TIDE SO THE SOD BANKS WERE COVERED IN WATER. I THREW ON MW WADERS AND LOADED UP MY SURF CART AND OFF I WENT DRAGGING MY GEAR OVER THE WATER COVER SOD BANK. IT WAS WELL WORTH IT. I WAS USING FRESH!! SURF CLAMS ON A FISH FINDER RIG WITH 7/0 OWNER CIRCLE HOOKS. I HAD 20 BASS IN 3 HOURS AND THE SMALLEST FISH I HAD WERE 2 26" BASS THE REST WERE ALL IN THE HIGH 30" RANGE WITH THE LARGEST JUST MAKING 39". ALL OF THE BASS WERE REALLY!! FAT AND I MEAN THEY HAD SOME SERIOUS GIRTH. AS USUAL I HAD THE BAIT RUNNERS SET ON BOTH POLES AND THEY SLAMMED THE CLAM LIKE IT WAS THERE LAST MEAL. sTRIPERS USUALLY DON'T JUMP OUT OF THE WATER MUCH BUT THEY WERE REALLY PUTTING UP A GREAT FIGHT. I FISHED FROM MY BOAT FOR YEARS AND HAD SOME GREAT SPOTS FOR BASS BUT I HAVE NEVER HAD THAT MANY BIG BASS OF THE SOD BANKS IN MY LIFE. WOW WHAT A DAY. I WAS DOWN IN CAPE MAY AT SUNSET BEACH FOR THE WEEKEND AND FISHED VARIOUS JETTYS WITH CLAMS AND BLOOD WORMS BUT ONLY HAD ONE SHORT. THE JETTYS WERE LOADED WITH PEOPLE AND ALL I SAW WERE A FEW SHORTS CAUGHT ON BLOOD WORMS ON BOOBER RIGS SO I THINK I WILL STICK WITH MY HONEY HOLE FOR NOW. THIS IS MW SIXTH TRIP TO THE SAME SPOT AND I HAVE ALWAYS HAD ATLEAST 6 BASS EACH TRIP BUT THIS THURSDAY WAS JUST MIND BLOWING. I WANTED TO TRY SOME TOP WATER BUT EACH TIME I GOT THAT POLE IN MY HAND THE BAIT RUNNER ON ONE OF THE OTHER 2 POLES WOULD START TO SCREAM. I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER THE BASS BITE WILL WILL STAY GOOD BUT SO FAR EACH WEEK HAS BEEN BETTER AND BETTER. :D :lol: :D :lol: :twisted:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have fished alot of different places from my boat and from shore and I have never had a day with so many quality fish in a short period of time and the conditions were pretty crappy. Can't wait to head back to the honey hole and see if I can't find that 50#er I have been in search of my whole life.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Good Job Smitty!!! I'm going to have to find me a spot like that. I've been out twice this week by the light house in Barnegat and have only got a blue and some skates. I think I might try those beaches next week. Got any pics?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Smitty Congrats!!!

I am going to Stone Harbor tom. for a week!!! Cant wait!! I am going on a charter boat while im there for sea bass/flounder. cant wait I will be going ith adambombcharters! So are the bass still there? Can you get them from the surf/jetti's?

Thanks agian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.