Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lunker
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was real slow this morning, but we were able to get our limit. I think there was only three or four boats on the entire bridge. Always like opening day of gun season :) Most were in the 19 - 20 inch class. Had a couple over 24. Had something BIG on for a little while until he pulled off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It was real slow this morning, but we were able to get our limit. I think there was only three or four boats on the entire bridge. Always like opening day of gun season :) Most were in the 19 - 20 inch class. Had a couple over 24. Had something BIG on for a little while until he pulled off.
It was rather pleasant out today with the lower amount of watercraft wasn't it! We almost wasted the day in the P-Tank, no stripers but we got a perch and a couple of little croakers, all too small to do much with. It was a great day to be out on the boat though, from the southern part of the river you could see clear to Elizabeth City. The sound was a bit rough on the east side with that 10+ mph wind so we didnt get past the number 2 marker, though its great to hear that they are out there!

·
Lunker
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan for the wife & I to hit Perquimans sometime this week. A lot easier to get to the bombing target from PQ than anywhere else.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Small rock and puppy drum in the Pasquotank up close, not sure about the deeper water. My son-in-law went over to the sound bridge Sunday for the first time. Slow for them, didn't have anything to get down deep. Saw 7 boated by others but no love for them, still on a learning curve.
A ton of bait ( finger mullet ) in the upper Pasquotank, hope thats a sign of good things to come!

·
Lunker
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Small rock and puppy drum in the Pasquotank up close, not sure about the deeper water. My son-in-law went over to the sound bridge Sunday for the first time. Slow for them, didn't have anything to get down deep. Saw 7 boated by others but no love for them, still on a learning curve.
A ton of bait ( finger mullet ) in the upper Pasquotank, hope thats a sign of good things to come!
I think so. The "tank" had a good year last year and I can't see any reason why they won't be back again this year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts