Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on a "business trip" striper fishing for 8 hours. Capt Sav's out of Rye harbor. Right off the bat we were told not to expect any bigguns, none of the charters have seen any. Looked at the rods and reels and was immediatly glad I brought my own. Headed to the Isle's of Shoals for a little bait jiggin, no Macks only pollock jumping into the boat. After loading up with bait we headed for Boars head to try rippin some lip. Fished in about 12' of water and could see bottom, also could see the frenzy in the chum slick. Had a couple of rods live lining, had some clams, had some frozen herring and macks. Among the 6 of us we managed about 30 fish at the first spot, biggest about 25". Moved a little around the head and re-anchored, pulled another dozen fish up to 31" landed by myself :) . It was in this spot a tragic thing happened...... we caught a small yellow eyed monstah, no wonder the macks have fled the area. After the tide started rolling in we headed into Hampton harber and anchored in about 6' of water. I added a little weight to my rig and the captain looked at me like I had 3 heads, even more so when I hooked on a chunk of herring. We landed about 12 fish there with me landing 4 of them and 3 being in the 28"-30" range. The captain stopped doubting my tactics after the 2nd fish was in the boat :notworthy: . Oh yeah another one of those yellow eyed monstahs in the river too!! So all in all not a bad day of fishing but I don't think I learned anything new, I just showed the other 5 guys on the boat how to fish as I was the only one landed any "keepers" which were all returned to the water un harmed :) :) :)

oh yeah, best day of "work" I've had in a long time th_icon_loll.gif th_icon_loll.gif th_icon_loll.gif th_icon_loll.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.