Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello fellows.i live in ny and mostly fish for stripers in the Hudson river from shore and boat.Was wondering what rivers in mass are good for striper runs?Just sitting here waiting to hopefully fish tomarrow afternoon after dinner.It is just starting in Hudson river caught a few herring the other night.I do believe you guys cant use herring either?And what is the choice bait?eels?Thanks guys.just wondering what you guys do over there.lol. :GreenBeret:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Needice,
I fish up in Cape Cod every year, therefore this advice only applies to fishing up there. I have fished Woodshole, behind the NOAA labs and caught blues, fluke and the occasional skate. I have seen stripers, however they weren't on my line. It's fishy, but the parking is metered and so it costs money.
Moving east, there is a place called Bourne's Pond. It's a salt pond that leads out to the Sound. It's fishy, the area has parking nearby, but it can get crowded. There is another place farther east called West Dennis Beach. It offers easy fishing location, parking, and jetty and dock fishing. I have seen many stripers and blues caught as well as fluke, sea bass (small ones) and porgy - some dinner plate sized ones at that. There can be a bit of traffic during the day, but after dark, when the fishing turns on, it's much less. If all else fails, fish high or low tide up in the canal (big ditch). There is not a ton of parking, but I've seen guys catch really big fish on poppers and shad baits. When the tide is ripping up there, it's almost unfishable excepting the little corners and dock areas that are protected. Good luck up there. Don't wear your Yankees/Giants gear up there as you'll be less likely to get help or intel from the locals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts