Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rivers Edge Trading, 43 Enon St. Beverly, MA, is holding its annual North Shore Scholarship Fund Fishing Tournament. It starts June 15th and ends on September 30th.

Tournament Rules:

The only fish eligible is the Striped Bass, and this is a Catch & Release Tournament.

There are 2 divisions:
1. Fly Fishing
2. Spin Fishing

The Tournament is open to wade fishing, surfcasting, etc. and boat fishing.

Boundries: You may register fish caught in Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island.

To enter a fish for the awards, a picture must be taken with a tape measure clearly visible measuring the fish. Fish should be measured from the tip of the snout to the tip of the tail. You should also measure the girth as that will be used in the event of a tie. You may also include the weight. Should there be another tie, we will have a drawing to determine a winner. You may enter as many fish as you want, but only your single largest catch will be eligible for an award.

Tournament Awards:

Fly Fishing Division -
1. Largest Fish = Sage FLI fly rod

2. First Runner Up = Orvis TLS Power Matrix fly rod

3. Second Runner Up = Boga Grip

Spin Division -
1. Largest Fish = Lamiglass Surf Rod

2. First Runner Up = Simms L2 waders

3. Second Runner Up = Custom Plug Selection from Salty's

*** Scholarship Fund ***
Proceeds from this Fishing Tournament will be used to fund a scholarship for a graduating Senior at Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School in the Spring of 2007.

In the future, scholarships will be provided for graduating seniors in other area high schools.

Tournament Committee:
David Griskevich
Paul Bell
Capt. Kalil Boghdan

Additional Prizes:
In addition to the awards, we will be raffling off items from Patagonia, Exofficio, Action Optics, Orvis, and others. This will take place at Rivers Edge Trading Company on Saturday, October 7th, at 10 am.

Entry fee is $10.00

You may PM or email me your mailing address, and I will send you an entry form to fill out, then send to Rivers Edge with the Entry Fee.

If you are local to me, you may get an entry form from me and I can forward it along with the entry fee directly to Rivers Edge through Green & Company. (I work for Green and they own Rivers Edge).

Sponsored by:

Orvis
Sage
Penn
Patagonia
Lamiglass
Boga Grip
Simms
Action Optics
Salty's Custom Plugs
Harborside Printing (Newburyport, MA)
Rivers Edge Trading Co.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.