Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Word has been travelling fast that a 75.40 pounder was hauled in off of the block last night:notworthy:. No pics have been released yet but i'm keeping my eyes peeled

·
Cow Catcher
937 Posts
Re: Pending R.I.State Record Caught

YEP. Fish was caught by RISAA member Peter Vican at South west ledge off Block Island on an eel last night...Weighed in at 75.4 pounds!.thumbsup.gif
WTG.
Still Pending on the record.
And i was just there Fishing last week.:smiliedoh:.. LOL
Still plenty of big fish there.

·
4,419 Posts
Re: to all the boaters out there...

East Greenwich angler Peter Vican landed a 75.4-pound striped bass, a new state record pending approval by the state Division of Fish and Wildlife.
Block Island Live Eel

·
Registered
74 Posts

wow, just wow.

Think about not the size. But what that fish has done with it's fish. Different things eaten, mileage traveled, how many times it's been caught over the years if any.

That fish is special. thumbsup.gif

·
1,559 Posts

He weighed the fish at Block Island, unsure if the scale is/was certified, at 76 pounds 1 ounce. He then weighed it at Snug Harbor at 75 ponuds 8 ounces on the certified scale there. As usual in Rhode Island, and probably the reason I would let it swim, controversy has already started as to who landed the fish. The gentleman Pete, is of the utmost in character and contributes to many kids charaties, most who know him, that I spoke to say the right guy got the record, and are happy it is him. The jealous naysayers will be sure to down play this as much as they can however, and I hope it a short certification so the negativity will not last long to spoil his proud moment. I have a photo taken at Snug harbor with the fish in a 270 quart cooler that is unreal. The fish is 55 inches long and almost as big around. I will resize and post it later.

·
Registered
181 Posts

I believe a 55 inch fish is estamated to be 20 years old. Congrats to Pete and I bet the world record falls this year.

·
4,419 Posts

The jealous naysayers will be sure to down play this as much as they can however, and I hope it a short certification so the negativity will not last long to spoil his proud moment.
I have two words for them.

Congrats to the man one hell of a fish. :gob_icon_cheers:

·
1,559 Posts

Randy, since last fall I have referred to this season as, "The Year of The Cow", and have predicted the fall of the world record this year since then. Looks like I have some agreement.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I received an e mail this afternoon from Don Coyne, ABC6 sportscaster and host of Fishing the Ocean State. The station did a piece on the record,it's currently up on their website http://www.abc6.com/

They will be doing a more in depth piece on his show in a week or two,i'll keep you posted.

·
will work for stripers
2,530 Posts

thats a big fish....really big. congrats to the man who brought her in.:shocked:

·
King of Eels
4,227 Posts

I'm very surprised it weighed that much only being only 55".... alot of 52-53" fish are only making the 54-55lb mark...and these are beefy fish, big shoulders and tail.., this tells me that this was a young fish still growing and not in decline,That fish looks very well proportioned, nice and healthy.... the boom in bait as of late is definatly aiding the growth of these big fish all along the eastern sea board...Congrats to the angler on the capture of that fine fish....

·
Official Member
140 Posts

Wait till they come down on their fall run. I don't think I'll be sleeping at all.

·
Registered
49 Posts

predicted the fall of the world record this year

i said the same thing on another forum!!! this is the year. :yay:

·
Registered
5,926 Posts

if that fish is 75# it is well past 30 years old. god knows i would wanna let her go but as a fish of a lifetime i cannot fathom, so my congrats to him record or not.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts