Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

· LunkHead
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While the season is open for Bass here in Joisey, and I technically do have a fishing rod on the truck, I'm not really ready to start fishing yet, but it will be soon....A couple of weeks, after the Asbury and Berkeley shows. Reports of keepers from down south, and a bad case of cabin-itis have me itching to go wet a line, even if it means standing in cold water and throwing clams.
Has anyone started yet?

3,471 Posts
Re: Who is going to start?

Not me, not yet, especially with this huge bright moon in the sky.
I'm waiting for 3 or 4 days of bright sun, day temps in the 40's, incoming tide coinciding with sundown.
Hopefully in about 10 days to 2 weeks.
Gimme a call if you want to go.

· cityfisherman
59 Posts
Re: Who is going to start?

i did went out for a few hours made some casts looking for some other places with the tide out it was easy to see things for the year:smiliegrd:

18,706 Posts
Re: early season stripers

Atlantic city press report

Keeper stripers caught in Barnegat Bay

March 08, 2010 • 11:04 pm

By John Oswald

Dennis Palmatier at Murphy's Hook House in Toms River reported the first keeper striped bass of the season.
James Blandino, Lavallette, caught the stripers - 10 pounds, 9 ounces and 10 pounds - while fishing from his kayak
under the ****** . Both were caught on a Rapala X-Rap

18,706 Posts

sign10.gif

Read the response

Just great. Finally a striper fishery has started up again in the middle bay and Toms River area, and this guy needs to keep the fish he caught, and then advertise where he caught them.
If everyone adopted a catch and release mentality in these areas we would have an excellent early spring and late fall seasons for years to come..
Catch your fish, let them go and keep quiet

· Muuuu...Cow Chaser.
605 Posts

Ol that was funny most of Nj is already a great fisherey for bass catch and release the cows otherwise eat'em I fish and when I'm done I want to eat and I tell u where they are because there is plentyfish in the sea no man with rod and reel will loot the ocean and I love to b the one responsible to help the next man eat. So I'm a catch'em keep'em eat'em and tell u where I catch'em doesn't mean u will I may not again either. If I can help the next man get ahead where I may have failed that's even better.
Always a good read Jim.
Attn: first bass reported to my knowledge was on march 1st by ***** point power plant 9lbs 28" on shad body.

· cityfisherman
59 Posts

was out the other day way in the back fishing nothing but swimbaits fished all day from one tide to the next water was still a mess found some spots that ths storms had uncoverd lots of rock piles old wood and other rip rap had all of two hits that was it went back out last night around 1 am fished till 5am not one hit water was cold and no hits on clams so will give it another try on the weekend with the left over clams so lets see what hapens :smiliegrd:good luck guys

3,471 Posts

Last night first trip of the season, out back Raritan Bay, chucking snot, half up the tide to half down.
One hit all trip, one fish, is joining us this evening for din dins.
Nothing spectacular but better then a skunk and my fridge has been devoid of any fish for months
Food Fish Rectangle Fish products Seafood

· Young salt
1,396 Posts

Last night first trip of the season, out back Raritan Bay, chucking snot, half up the tide to half down.
One hit all trip, one fish, is joining us this evening for din dins.
Nothing spectacular but better then a skunk and my fridge has been devoid of any fish for months
View attachment 12954
Compared to the other 2 early season striper pics I've seen in the Hudson River forum that thing's a pig. :lff3:

StriperHyper ~ Will

3,471 Posts

Fresh stripercakes Mmmmmmmmm !

Food Recipe Ingredient Baked goods Fried food

· LunkHead
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Fresh stripercakes Mmmmmmmmm !

View attachment 12955
Niiice,
I took 3 friends (Yes, I have 3 friends) to the back o' the bay to toss clams Sat night around the high, had several swings and misses, I finally hooked 2 and landed 1, nothing to write home about yet, but it got my season underway about as early as it ever has.

· Registered
2 Posts

New guy here... been a lurker for a bit..

Anyway, fished IBSP yesterday and today (sat & sun). Usign clams and setting up at a few different spots along the beach and down the pocket. Nothing,,, totally skunked.. No one i spoke too had any catches either. It was still nice getting out there and enjoying the surf. Definitly wayyyy cooler and windy as compared to the mainland temps everyone enjoyed this weekend!

Any tips on fishing clams from land somewhere bay side at IBSP ?? Ive been surf fishing on and off for the past 11 years on IBSP, but since a divorce last year ive found a lot more time this past fall and hopefully this spring for fishing! any 'general' tips for a decent early spring spot would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks
Ron

18,706 Posts

any 'general' tips
You just have to put your time in. When the water temp warms get out there in the evening and before dawn

Fish the shallower waters with dark bottoms during the day, they warm up a little faster.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.