Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
18,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You cant put white socks on a Gorilla.
:( Howie Long said it best. Randy Moss is a great example that talent and class dont always go hand in hand.
Guy takes away from a great win for his team.

·
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers
4,759 Posts
Why? I think people look into it too much. Drama. Everybody loves drama. And the commentators (which is ALL THEY ARE), the newscasters, the press, etc., always try to hype some individual. Build them up, tear them down. I see through all that melodrama. They do it to TnO, they do it to Moss. Whatever. Winning is winning. You can win by an inch, or win by a mile. WINNINGS WINNING. And who cares who has what hairstyle, or who says what, who wears what color socks. I really dont. It's about football, and I think alot of these washed up commentators need to pipe down.

I do think Moss leaving the field of play before his team is inexcusable and totally uncalled for. But what is the ONLY way he can redeem himself to his teammates and fans? GO OUT AND PLAY HARD. And thats exactly what he did...2 TD's. Game over. Vikings win.

·
18,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Contrast
Class vs. Ass

Contrast

Jerry Rice / Randy Moss.

Old school pop warner he gets benched and stays benched I dont care how much talent he has. But thats just me.
OLD school.
Just my 2 c Jb. I respect your opinion. :p

·
4,759 Posts
LOL. You cant seriously care about a hairstyle? What about Brian Bosworth? lmao

I know what your saying, because I used to agree. But then it came to me thats its about football, the game. I dont really care about overpaid athletes in the long run lol. I just care about the game. Unfortunately, alot of people have forgotten about the game, including alot of the players these days.

I think Randy did try to pump tha goal post today though.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
yea, like john abraham! he better play this game. ooh! i might agravate my injury in "THE PLAYOFFS!" i have to watch out for my options next season. who the hell would want a guy who lets his team down in the clutch? poor me!

·
18,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea It sucks.

A NY Story

I loved Lawrence Taylor when he played. The greatest player I ever seen maybe. Still like the man. Stone cold crack head. But thats not the reason he dumfounded me. He crossed the picket line to collect a million dollar signing bonus. Of course with the teams permission but still. There was a quarterback on the team named Jeff Hosteller whom Im sure you all remember. He had a sick child in need of continuing medical care and the bills were killin him so the team agreed that those two ould cross with their blessings. Hostettler got to Giants stadium took a look at the guys and said " I just couldnt do it. I know my finances are wiped out, but I just cant do it"
Now Mark Gastinue cosses the line on the Jet side and Guy Bingham spit on him. The story goes Gastinoe then decked him and supposedly Bingham stayed down.
The two best and biggest players in New York at the time crossed. What a bumma. :cry:
Some things you cant forget. Hostettler will always be held in high esteem in my book, but unfortunately it didnt pay his bills. He can be proud in his own heart and soul though.

·
18,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:shock: What are those things?
Ballast?

Back to Randy Moss. Tony Dungi defended Moss by saying he understood the gesture to packer fans. When you leave Lambeu in the team bus there always is a group of Cheese heads who moon the opposing teams bus. So he was symbolically returning the favor. Still he'll get fined like everyone else who gestures in the end zone. Throat slashing, phone calls, sharpies, group dances whatever. He can afford it. Move on. It might have shown his class or lack thereof, but walking into the locker room with time on the clock is inexcusable. Its a team game these guys dont get that. How about the Oakland center dude who didnt show up for the superbowl because he was hungover or zooted on crack. Said he was suffering from depression or something. Yea he should have been depressed, he missed the superbowl. :evil:

·
4,759 Posts
He might have an attitude sometimes, but I wouldve said the same thing if I were in that position lol. Fined 10K for pretending to moon? I think the Taliban must've bought out the NFL and taken charge.

Nothing was more offensive to me than hearing Joe Buck whine and pule like someone just stole his girlfriend.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm sorry to you guys for saying this, it was the funnest thing I've ever seen on game day. Moss is a Richard, but it was harmless. My wife thouhgt it was stupid that everybody got sooo carried away with all the talk about nothing. Janet Jackson showed all our kids her boob last year, now that was inappropriate!

·
18,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jim said:
How about the Oakland center dude who didnt show up for the superbowl because he was hungover or zooted on crack. Said he was suffering from depression or something. Yea he should have been depressed, he missed the superbowl
Latest update on Robbins. Shot several times Tuesday night during a burglury in progress on the second floor of a Miami Jewelry store. Gaurded condition

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.