Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Lunker
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! everyone:

It's a new season and it's time to buy a new reel.
I have narrowed it down to the Cabo or Stratic. I was told that the Cabo can be dunked in saltwater without any problems but the Stratic will have problems if it is dunked?

what do you guys think, I am new to the surf fishing bug only been at it a year. the Cabo sells for around $190 & the Stratic for $160. So their is very little difference in price.

thanks,

danny

· Lunker
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stella

Hey Marko you are totally correct but I am not looking to spend almost $600 on the Stella reel. Maybe when I have more experience in surf fishing I will look at the Stella or Van Staal.

thanks for thr responses guys, my local bait & tackle store swears the Cabo is great for surf fishing. he went to his car & showed me his reel it is a Cabo & he said he can use any reel even a Van Staal but prefers the Cabo.

danny

· Lunker
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cabo

I ordered the Cabo from my local bait & tackle store. A better price than the online vendors & he will spool the reel. I pick it up saturday, I feel like a kid in a candy store.

thanks,

Danny

· Lunker
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cabo PT

I picked up the Cabo PT60 reel, looks like a great reel. My local bait & tackle shop spooled it with braided line. Since I paid in cash he spooled for free. Lucky420 I hope it will last me a little longer than yours, keeping the fingers crossed. I was trying to be good & not spend alot on a reel but when my wife came home from a cosmetic party & told me she just spent over $200 for make-up then I felt that $200 for a reel was reasonable. One thing I know this reel will last longer than her make-up. Now if she does it again then it is time to spend money on a lamiglass surf rod. If I am going to be broke I might as well get something out of it. Ha Ha

danny

· Lunker
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks

Hey thanks for the birthday wishes.

I am 52 yrs old & trying to learn how to surf fish, I must be crazy.
I am tired of boat charters, drop line & catch. I did not catch any fish surf fishing last year but just the challenge made it enjoyable. I think it is one of the best ways to go fishing. It really makes you think how the fish are reacting to certain lures or baits or weather conditions. This year I will catch that striper & from what I have been told it will be the best fishing experience of my life.

great web site & thanks again guys!!!!!

cadicted.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.