Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Do you think fishing locations should be displayed without editing on public forums?

• Never - only general area information or in private

Votes: 112 39.4%
  • Always - You have to know how to fish anyway

Votes: 56 19.7%
  • In certain circumstances when its in an online print magazines and already well known

Votes: 63 22.2%
  • Never only upon death and then lie about it.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • Could care less if i dont fish the area

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Could care less period.

Votes: 24 8.5%

Public Forum Spot Giving Poll

72K views 77 replies 49 participants last post by  treedude363 
Interesting question and a tough call.
Around here, all the breachways get hit hard. I have no problem sending a googan or someone coming off as looking for a free spot-on to them spots.
My theory is, anyone in their right mind doesn't (can't) want to seriously fish in them conditions. Let's put all the yahoos in one spot and leave the rest of the areas open. Plus, they are already toasted areas from reports, bait shops, etc. Not like they're any secret.

Some I may send to a general area (ie; Watch Hill, Narrow River, Upper bay) but never mention 200 yds. to the right of..., or on the south side of the river from ? to a point just past ?

(Very) Occasionally, I'll PM some decent, more spot-on info. That's only if I get a really good "read" on the guy first. Someone coming on and saying, "Hey mutha! where can I catch me a bass and pork the old lady at the same time? And do they patrol for booze and drugs there?"
While that's still a good "read", not what gets my PM. :einstein:
That's the sort I'd sent to the breachways and say, "Party - on Dude!"
See what I mean about putting them all in one spot? :lff3:

Some think it's fine to mention "Caught @ Middle Bridge", other's think saying, "Caught in the Atlantic" is spot burning. :smiliedoh:

I've no problem trying to be somewhat helpful (without actually putting the fish on the hook for them), but I use my discreation the way I choose. If a site administrator chooses to censor, that's their call. After all it is their house, and they need rules (for whatever reason, and there's many).

Long and short?
Don't much give a crap one way or the other. :lff3::gob_icon_cheers::icon_stirthepot:goodpost.gif

Suds,
I can definately appreciate the mod's point of view. Even if the spot is in his back yard.
That's why, "Don't much give a crap one way or the other."

Generally, for a site to work, one needs to make the majority happy.

I do think the Spot-burn is over sensative more often than not. But, that's why I'll do the PM. Just trying not to upset too many folks all at once. :icon_cool2::smile:

Personally, if I choose to share, I will (PM). However, I may say at pole # *^, but may leave out some rather pertinant point(s) for them to figure out on their own. Generally, I assume 12:00 AM is much better than 12:00 PM with a mile high sky and blazing sun vs. 1/2 moon is understood. But you never know. thumbsup.gif

I will admit though,, there are issues that fry my buns more than spot-burns. Some of my more recent voicing of views reflect that. On those I'll comment on until I'm carried away in a brown bag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.