Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Do you think fishing locations should be displayed without editing on public forums?

• Never - only general area information or in private

Votes: 112 39.4%
  • Always - You have to know how to fish anyway

Votes: 56 19.7%
  • In certain circumstances when its in an online print magazines and already well known

Votes: 63 22.2%
  • Never only upon death and then lie about it.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • Could care less if i dont fish the area

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Could care less period.

Votes: 24 8.5%

Public Forum Spot Giving Poll

72K views 77 replies 49 participants last post by  treedude363 
#1 ·
What is your opinion on the issue?

Discussion starter · #19 ·
Pete said:
But if you think you could just come into the Hudson and consistently catch 40"+ fish, think again
Aint that the truth. thumbsup.gif

For me the idea of coordinates and spots just puts too many people in the way.
The more experience I get the less info I want to divulge. Only to a select few whom I dont mind fishing with. Some guys drive me nuts.
:dizzy:

Discussion starter · #33 ·
breaker said:
available to the public wont hurt as much it would help. If someone chose to post a spot in good taste it's not detrimental. If it's done in poor taste then it's just wrong, say for example someone gave a spot in private and then that spot was posted to the whole world to see
Im confused.
I totally disagree and agree. What is in good taste thats not detrimental If 100 people show up where you are trying to fish because spotburn.com posted gps coordinates where the hot bite is? - We PM each other with sensitive info. If it gets posted on the net somewhere else so be it. We arent here to police the net. But we wont be known as spotburn central as long as I can help it. There are dozens of publications that give away coordinates. That isnt our style. The reason we exist in the first place was to teach and learn and to try to help the new guy become stewards of our resource.
The "take two with you" idea is ingrained in our heads thanks to members like Joe Wiz.
Always take away two pieces of trash when you leave besides your own.
Thats much more important to us than letting the lazy fat asses know where the bite is happening. We try to get out and make our own reports. No-one has to tell the vets where to go to find a fish. Do they know? Definately not all the time. Where they are likely to be found at a particular tide and weather condition has to come from log books and experience on the water.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.