Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Do you think fishing locations should be displayed without editing on public forums?

• Never - only general area information or in private

Votes: 112 39.4%
  • Always - You have to know how to fish anyway

Votes: 56 19.7%
  • In certain circumstances when its in an online print magazines and already well known

Votes: 63 22.2%
  • Never only upon death and then lie about it.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • Could care less if i dont fish the area

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Could care less period.

Votes: 24 8.5%

Public Forum Spot Giving Poll

72K views 77 replies 49 participants last post by  treedude363 
There's a lot more to fishing than "the spot". So many factors effect when and where to fish that you can tell someone exact coordinates where you were hammering fish and they'll catch nothing. A lot can be learned from interpretting the info you get and knowing who to listen to. Plus does anyone really tell everyone exactly where they caught a huge fish.

Jon you have a point about telling a select few, I personally don't need to ask about fishing spots but for a newbie it is a decent way to learn. If you think hammering one spot is the way to fish more power to you but I will continue to fish the conditions and tides. I fish in the Hudson during the spawn mostly and have a lot of success. There are spots where you can catch smaller fish consistently but I will continue to pull fish like this out away from all the spot chasers.

Attachments

You are right again that shore spots are very coveted. I fished from shore for a long long time and did have a few honey holes. I also respect any fisherman who puts in there time and it's great that you can follow fish all over. Quite the long walk by the way. But if you think you could just come into the Hudson and consistently catch 40"+ fish, think again. It is not a puddle and it takes many years and countless hours of fishing to learn the patterns. Enjoy your "skill set" and poison ivy. Tight lines.

I agree to disagree. There are places like this but you never will find me in a group of boats. There is a reason why there are 3or4 guys at my marina that consistently catch big fish while the rest do just what you described and brag about there "huge" 36 inch fish. You obviously resent boat fisherman which is fine but I just gave my opinion on the topic. No need to tell me I need to learn about a fish that I study and put in solid 15 hour days hunting. I am more than happy with the consistent results I've had for the past 20 years and still learn something new every trip. I wish I could chase fish all over the coast but it is not possible. But if I could I would always still help out a struggling fisherman by giving up a spot no matter where I was fishing. If that makes me a bad guy so be it. Enough said.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.