Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I think I will give up on these hold overs lol..
My second attempt at trying to hook into one of these locals with no luck.

I tried white bucktails with plastic twisters... worked off the bottom slow bumping it as I bring it back to the boat... I jigged it off the bottom slow while marking fish and I bumped it slow while trolling off the back of the boat.

i adjusted the sensitivity of the fish alarm and I marked a bunch of fish, the river is swollen and that may have a little to do with it. The weather was warm and the river was running about 2kts.

It's stilll very early but I know these hold overs are there.. i think I will wait for something that I have a chance at :lol:

·
King of Eels
4,227 Posts
I think Jonny just hit the nail on the head....give 'em meat.
this early in the year I like porkrind instead of the plastic,I just think it has a more lifelike action.

Yo may want to set the anchor,start a small chumslick with some chunks and float hem a piece of meat!

Another thing you might try,if you can get some large shiners,something like a pike bait,that will wake 'em up!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Also heard they were catching them with Storm Shads too Cuz.....Try the pearl or the Green foil. can't miss i'm thinking.

:twisted: craig aka briggs :twisted:

aka surfcastermaster

8) MASTER OF HIS OWN DOMAIN 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.