Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Young salt
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a little dry spell in the fish-catching department I finally had some decent luck over the weekend. Fished for 2 1/2 hours Friday night off Scarborough Beach and landed a VERY nice 29" maybe 15-20 minutes into the trip on a fresh mack chunk. I would have liked to fish longer but my buddy couldn't keep his eyes open and the crabs were gnawing away at our bait as soon as it hit the water. Tried my luck again Saturday night at dead low in OOB floating worms and my good buddy Striper John set up nearby with clams. It didn't take long as I had a fish on within the hour but lost him in the wash. It'd been awhile, like I said, and in my excitement I forgot I was using a circle hook and, well, we all know how this story ends. Not to be discouraged I baited up, threw out again and within a half hour landed a 26 1/2" striper, nothing special but a nice fish never the less. Half an hour or so after that the pole bent over again and I managed to land my second fish of the night, a really nice 26" that looked more like a linebacker than a football, fat from head to tail and wanted to fight like he was in the mid 30's. All in all it was nice to catch a few, I'd almost forgot what a bent rod looked like.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.