my god roc....

anyway my current go to striper rod is
7' TRL boat jigging rod with a avet lever drag sx5.3
my cod set up is a 6'6"penn slammer with a shimano torium 30
then i have a back up striper rod
a eel throwing rod
flounder rod
etc..
and various spares that i let friend use when on the boat, i'd have to run out to the shed to get specs....

·
Registered
2 Posts
VS200 loaded with 30lb Suffix braid on a 10' St. Croix Legend Rod rated 1-4oz but really with a sweet spot between 1.5-2.0 ounces. Used only for plugging from jetty and beaches. Good distance and I can cast for hours w/o arm or back fatigue.

·
Gone Fishin'
4 Posts
Surf/Bigger boat:
11' Sea striker SS1100 with a Penn 650 SSm spooled with power-pro 65lb Braid

Updated 6/12:
11" Ande Tournament Surf with a Penn 650 SSm spooled with 50 power pro braid
10" tsunami Airwave with Penn squall 15 spooled with 50 power pro braid

Boat:
7' Ugly Stick Tiger Medium with Penn 620GT spooled with 20lb mono
6' Sturdy Stick M/H with Penn Delmar 285 spooled with 20lb Mono

Freshwater:
6" Berkely IM6 lightning rod, Mitchell 300 excellence, 14lb floro
6'6" Basspro Tournament IM8, Mitchell X500, 50lb calcutta braid

·
If Fishing Was Work I'd Never Be Sick!!!
32 Posts
10ft Tsunami trophy series m/h action, with Shimano baitrunner reel, 30# power pro braid.
10ft Tsunami air wave m/h action with Shimano baitrunner reel, 30# power pro braid.
I am just getting started with Striper fishing but have a box full of lures and jigs. This is gonna be an expensive sport...

·
Registered
162 Posts
3 uglies- 2- 10 footers hvy- 1 -7 ft md, Shimanos-6500 and Thunnus, Im mostly all Bay muddy water fishin except when fishin the spawn.I can do anything I want with this gear, yeah the 6500 is heavy for lure fishin, but it doesnt bother me.I know a lot of guys look away from the ugly stiks, let em, they work great for my fishin, betcha I can cast just as far as a $500 bait rod!:flyfish:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.