Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading up to Popham for Labor day weekend, should I expect any fish to be in range from the beach?? Will I need to go nocturnal for stripers from the beach? I want to try to get some fly action from shore but will use the heavy rod if I have to. Anyone have any suggestions?? Never fished that area, trying to get the wife some sand and sun while still getting myself in front of fish.

·
Wishin i was fishin
542 Posts
You should definitely be able to get into some fish....there are still some fish here until about late oct. You will want to bring both rods, it's always good to be prepared, you should have some good success at night, and sept will be colder so you might be able to get some good action during the day as well. Good luck...if you can try to make the popham beach get together 08/18/2007 All members from S-247 and family and friends are welcome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the post, I wish I could come up for the 8/18 bbq deal, sounds like fun. I am hoping to get a few fish even though I have to do split time between the water and the wife. I am so hooked on these fish, after what was half a lifetime of trout and salmon I have pretty much switched, I still go after Salmon and steelhead some but...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
John Gierach had funny things to say about other people's preferred fish. Such as, I wouldn't cross the street to catch(fill in the blank) Well I'd cross the street to catch bucketmouth bass but it had better be the street in front of my house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts