Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to popham beach maybe on sunday and am planning on doing some fishing, i only have a 7.5 foot 20 pount test rod but i can still cast it very long distances. I only use artificials and would like to know where to fish if we go to the park entrance (not by fort popham). What should we expect as far as fishing goes, where should we go (directions would be nice), what to use and ect. I am very new at striper fishing and have only caught schoolies. Just about any information would be nice.

·
4,419 Posts
We dont like to give specific locations out on the public forums penobscot but having said that popham beach is like every other place your likely to find stripers. Scout the beach at low tide. Look for a sand bar and fish the edges of the bar when the tide rises, also walk the beach fan casting and dont neglect the wooden pilings and other structure along the beach. We had success there with poppers and surface swimmers in the early AM. Try eels at night - Good luck.
The place is beautiful. You may even see sturgeon leaping in the distance.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Someday, I say someday, I'm gonna take a nice slow ride up the New England coast, and absorb it all. thumbsup.gif
Jim,when that day comes it would be my honor to meet you.I have some nice spots to fish.That all comes with good food,company and whatever it takes for a good time in New England.Hope you consider the offer.We can do whatever you want. Doug:usa:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts