Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the early planning stages of a 4 day trip out to Memphis to target landlocked stripers. I have to use my airline credit before valentines day. Any guide or water recomendations would be apreciated. This is from between now and feb 15. Thanks in advance.

Aram

· Lunker
59 Posts
Not sure of any striper guides around Memphis.
Theres some in Ar within driving distance of Memphis. And a few guides at Pickwick here. But ours shut up shop when the water gets down around 55 degrees.

Pickwick guides fishing below Pickwick Dam. Fish average around 10 lbs and lots of them.
Dave Harbin's Guide service. He fishes the boils like I do with live bait.
http://www.pickwickoutdoors.com/pages_p/contact_us.html

I'm with StriperJim check around Nashville Tn and Fred Mclintock .

Fred Mclintock
http://www.fredmcclintock.com/

Pete

· ISBA Exec
178 Posts
Rene McComb, Striper Addiction bait company and guide service. Will fish you in one of three or four lakes in middle Tennessee, depending what is going on where.

Striperjim, I do believe Fred has called it quits. One of my buddies has fished with him several times, and when he called him for this past spring, he said he had hung it up. I cannot confirm that though.

Yaz

67 Posts
The Tennessee River below Fort Loudon is supposed to be on right now, 20-30lb fish no problem. As far as the guide info, I don't really have any names but it shouldn't be hard to find one.

Tight Lines & Good Luck with the Trip,
B.S. :a_goodjob:

· Lunker
59 Posts
The Tennessee River below Fort Loudon is supposed to be on right now, 20-30lb fish no problem. As far as the guide info, I don't really have any names but it shouldn't be hard to find one.

Tight Lines & Good Luck with the Trip,
B.S. :a_goodjob:
How does everyone fish for them below Loudoun dam? That sounds like a nice fall trip. Go there and camp and fish for a few days, then down to Nickajack for the rest of the week.
Pete

· Registered
42 Posts
Hi guys....

NewB from TN here.....

I've fished most of the TN tailwaters for stripers at most times of the year....and based on that I wouldn't travel any distance to fish directly in the tailwaters at any of 'em for the next few months. Yes, there are some fish there, but there are better quality and larger groups of fish to be found elsewhere.

As for Loudon, I fished it a couple of times this summer and it fished just like every other tailwater I've been on...look for current seams, breaks etc and make sure your bait is on or at least near the bottom...you must feel that tic-tic-tic as it bounces along if you want to get bit...and having said that I had literally acres of what I believe were 10+lb stripers busting bait on the surface all around me the first evening I fished it...couldn't buy a fish on anything including a freelined threadfin, which is what they were feeding on....oh well so it goes sometimes with these infuriating, mystifying beasts huh? :4996:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.