Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· First Mate
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is an understatement to what I experienced yesterday!......OMG it was unbelievable..........I can usually see MUCH better at night w/o a light! NOAA called for visibility 1nm or less.....I should have focused on the LESS!
Anyway........flat calm conditions out of Plymouth at 4:00 am.....unfortunately alot of crap floating in the water which made trolling useless.....came apon a very small blitz of schoolies didn't hook up..........and yes I was skunked.........
I'll sum up the positives

1) I still have a prop
2) I still have a boat
3) I didn't use much fuel
4) I lost NO tackle!

That's the skunked way to look at things...........oh well.........headed back in very slowly! at about 11:00 am..........

I'm starting to think people are right when they say Plymouth Bay is like a graveyard for fishing in hte summer months.........

There's always Septemeber!
angry5.gif cool_blue.gif

· Registered
261 Posts
Because of this here Fog (my 5yr old son calls it Cape Cod Sunshine) I built a radar reflector. We had some spares at work from buoys we use and I attached it to a pole which sits in a rod holder when needed.

I have a 222 Aquasport and it barely shows on radar. If you watch last year's Monster Shark Tournament closely you'll see me almost get nailed by one of the Sharkers. He was running full tilt in the fog relying on his radar. He was not in the channel in Vineyard Sound either. Then he heard my horn.............................

· First Mate
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW! I was about 400 yards away from being wiped out by "Tales of the Sea" and she was running full tilt as well.............

Never troll through a busy channel in fog! th_sm19.gif

j/k I wasn' t doing that.......!!

· First Mate
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sure! though I may stay away from the ocean next time it's like that........I spent more time worrying about being hit than enjoying myself...(If you call enjoying yourself NOT catching anything)!!
cadicted.gif

· Veteran
1,894 Posts
Tailgunner said:
Because of this here Fog (my 5yr old son calls it Cape Cod Sunshine) I built a radar reflector. We had some spares at work from buoys we use and I attached it to a pole which sits in a rod holder when needed.

I have a 222 Aquasport and it barely shows on radar. If you watch last year's Monster Shark Tournament closely you'll see me almost get nailed by one of the Sharkers. He was running full tilt in the fog relying on his radar. He was not in the channel in Vineyard Sound either. Then he heard my horn.............................
I had a 222 Aguasport 1973 great boat it,s on my Avatar.

· Registered
18 Posts
So, not to continue on in the wrong direction.

I am looking at buying the same aquasport, just a hull and controls for $1500. Boat is in great shape, the owner doesn't know the value.

What kind of power do you guys run? The local dealer told me it was rated for 250HP. That seems huge. I am thinking 115HP.

· Registered
261 Posts
MOOSE said:
So, not to continue on in the wrong direction.

I am looking at buying the same aquasport, just a hull and controls for $1500. Boat is in great shape, the owner doesn't know the value.

What kind of power do you guys run? The local dealer told me it was rated for 250HP. That seems huge. I am thinking 115HP.
I have a 2003 125 Merc and am happy. I do 30mph consistently. If money was no object, I would get a 175 Verado. My buddy has the exact same boat as me and he runs a 115 to save on fuel.

A 250 seems too much. I think my '73 is only rated for 200.

Go to http://www.classicaquasport.com for great info on these boats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.