Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We always complain about bad service, so I thought I would tell you about some great service.
I recently bought an Okuma Trio 30s spinning reel. 2nd time out using it, idiot that I am, I spun the drag knob all of the way off and of course it fell into the water, maybe 80 feet deep.
Just wanting to buy a new one, I emailed Okuma and this is the email I sent them. I was asking where to buy as they did not have parts listed on their website.
Hello, I recently bought a Trio 30S and being the idiot that I am, the 2nd time I was using it, I spun off the drag knob and not knowing it had come all of the way off, it fell into the water, about 80' deep. I was wondering where I could buy a replacement for that ?
and the reply I received.
Don,
I will process a parts order and have a replacement drag knob shipped your way at no charge
Thank you,
Daniel Ramos
Customer Service
Okuma Fishing Tackle
[email protected]
I replied telling them I did not know that the warranty even covered my stupidity.

Any how, customer service is not always bad. I won't make them rich, but it will keep me buying Okuma

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. I have been reading here for a while but turns out I am not even in the same ballpark as the angler I thought I was, so never anything to report.
Many know someone who is a great angler, who catches fish where others are getting skunked, and for me, that was my brother.
Seems I made the mistake of believing that some of him had rubbed off on me, when apparently once I do not have him to emulate, I am "floundering" (pun intended)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a over a dozen Okuma rods and reels. Doing 5+ trips a week every summer they take a beating. While I have found some problems with quality their service is 1st rate. Every rod or reel I have had a problem with has been swapped out with no hassle.

keep an eye on the line counter covers, then tend to unglue and some of the rod's reel sockets can wear. I started checking each rod for play by gently pulling on the reel. If it is sloppy I swap out the rod before the reel falls in the lake when your fighting a fish (learned this the hard way)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts