Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

New to Striper fishing

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jbrotz24 
#1 ·
Hello to the forum, I'm a new member & new to Striper fishing. (We just don't Have em up here around Kansas City) Although we do have several lakes that are stocked with Hybrids and I've had my fair share of Wyper fishing, and Love it....

I am planning on taking my Dad down to Beaver Lake for his Birthday in October. (October 7th and 8th to be exact) What's the fishing like during that time of year? I'm going to book a Guide service. Does anyone here have a good recomendation? Also if anyone has a line on a good place to stay close to the lake, I'd greatly appreciate the advice...

Thanks for all your help

KCRC

#3 ·
welcome.gif to the site KCRC!

I'm a former Kansas Citian myself, moved to MA in the fall of '04.
My job in KC had me on the road all the time, so I rarely got to do any fishing during the 6 years I lived there. From what I remember though, early fall was a great time of year to fish Beaver Lake. Once the water started to cool off the bite would really pick up nicely.
I think you're doing the right thing by hiring a guide for your trip (sorry no suggestions in that dept. either). It definately will increase the chances of having a stellar trip.

We don't hear many reports from that part of the country, so be sure to let us know how you did when you get back!
Good luck!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.