Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Night a Buddy took me Striper Fishing for the first time down near the Trenton Makes Bridge, from the start, I knew I was under equipped, I only had a 6 foot ugly stik with a 12 pound line...the lures I had are meant for bass fishing, but a quick trip to the local bait shop, I was able to pick up some blood worms, the whole night, I wasn't able to cast that far out, I decided to pack it up and come home and learn all I can about stripers....I guess, I'll be shopping for some waders and a surfcasting Rod....anything other things I need? I appreciate any info you can pass along..

·
Registered
30 Posts
I usually fish from a boat with cut bait or live perch now that we can't use the herring.
But me and my buddy stopped down the river under the bridges last night with some plugs to try and catch some after seeing some fish posted on FB.

Well needless to say it's a pretty popular spot right now. There were quite a few guys lined up and they all had waders, that seems to be a necessity and we didn't have any, there were a couple guys that were standing were we could only cast too, and they were catching them up out a little further.

It seems Shallow diving bomber type stick baits are the ticket, I always hear black in color and seen one in one of the pics posted.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I usually fish from a boat with cut bait or live perch now that we can't use the herring.
But me and my buddy stopped down the river under the bridges last night with some plugs to try and catch some after seeing some fish posted on FB.

Well needless to say it's a pretty popular spot right now. There were quite a few guys lined up and they all had waders, that seems to be a necessity and we didn't have any, there were a couple guys that were standing were we could only cast too, and they were catching them up out a little further.

It seems Shallow diving bomber type stick baits are the ticket, I always hear black in color and seen one in one of the pics posted.
Was up at Trenton the other day, we absolutely lit up the Shad....every couple minutes we had a fish ranging from 4-8 pounds.....What a blast!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts