Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ISBA Chief
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05-25-10. Behold the NEW state record for striped bass in Indiana. Captured on Cecil M. Harden Reservoir by Jon VanHook from Rockville, IN aboard ISBA member Shay Vandiviers boat, Comp-Time II.

Fish weighed in at 39.08lbs at 42 1/4 in long, 30 inch girth. This was Jon's first time at striper fishing too!

Congrats Jon... "that's INCREDIBLE'

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
good for him mark.. is'nt that the way it goes? someone took a new guy to my spot and got him a world record weakfish... in the right place at the right time we all might just hit the mark.. have a safe and enjoyable holiday..

·
ISBA Chief
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is'nt that the way it goes?
Absolutely!

Funny too as I was out several days prior and boated a prespawn male that was shy 2 1/2lbs of the record. Told my crew all its going to take is a female from this stock and its over.

Next thing I know Shay hooked into that female a couple days later. The rest is history

It couldn't of happened to a nicer guy.

Above: Shay Vandivier on the right.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
hee hee..... i love the oh so close moments and then.........
an old man who can barely cast caught a 40" fish the other night and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. had to give the rod to a friend to finish up the fight but, he took home a nice dinner for himself. these are the gents i am all for seeing get into fish. and on a separate note... ya lost a few pounds i see mark,,,

·
Young salt
1,396 Posts
First time striper fishing AND the guy's last name is VanHook??? That's a great story right there, nice fish indeed :a_goodjob:

StriperHyper ~ Will

1 - 10 of 10 Posts