Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wonderring if anyone uses live or dead bait on the Kenebacasis and if so what do you use?
I was fishing a certain brook's mouth last summer during the white perch run and had a massive stripe take a perch of my line now I know we can't use spiney finned fish as bait... but it got me thinking maybe dead bait would be a effective tool.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes, dead bait will work.The fresher the better.Lures will work well in that area also.Get yourself some small eels, and fish them at night.There's a ton of info. on this site related to fishin with eels.Do a search.

·
Dry Fly Flinger
18 Posts
Hi I'm gonna start trying Alewife/Gaspereau this year hopefully with good results; probably any other type of Herring will work, although I'm not familiar with what exactly swims it's way up the Kennebecasis.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi I'm gonna start trying Alewife/Gaspereau this year hopefully with good results; probably any other type of Herring will work, although I'm not familiar with what exactly swims it's way up the Kennebecasis.
Hi! A lot of NBer's use gaspereau.I got enough the other day to last the season.I also have good luck with squid,Mackerel heads and Clams.I think you'll see more and more guys out for Stripers, as more and more peoples find how many are here.Put your time in and find some good spots, and don't get discouraged if you don't start hammerin them right away.Where are you located?There's a ton of info. on this site to fit every situation!:icon_salute2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts