Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KenHut

It was 49 inches long and a girth of 33 inches weighing 57.9 pounds
Its has been registered here in Canada but international Game and sport fishing in florida wouldn't take it in there records because it wasnt weighed in the U.S.
Christian was using a surf rod with 20 pound test and a magnum rapala.

This Record striper was caught in the Bras D'or lakes in Cape Breton Island
Broke the old record of 54 pounds. Ken is on the left and Christian is on the right.
http://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/gallery/index.php?n=866

Attachments

·
I had a BLAST!
2,429 Posts
Re: New Canadadian Record Striper

Very nice. I'c be smiling like that too, if I landed that baby.thumbsup.gif

·
Cow Catcher
937 Posts

20lb test now thats a great fight that takes some skill.
Congrats to them.:a_goodjob:

·
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I'm A Fisherman
:gob_icon_cheers: Congratulations Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts

I may be mistaken but I believe the New Brunswick Museum has a 63 pound Striped Bass caught at the Reversing Falls Saint John.

Was the Cape Breton striper released, hope so.

·
Registered
4 Posts

It took about 15 minutes to land ..
Its being mounted as we speak and is not only the canadian record but the world junior striper record my cousin is only 16 .
I think you'd have to be Gay to release a World Record fish..

·
Registered
1 Posts

yah--just cruisin through and thought I would chime in--the record canadian striper was 63 lbs caught in New Brunswick

·
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rawd said:
yah--just cruisin through and thought I would chime in--the record canadian striper was 63 lbs caught in New Brunswick
True enough D but the official recognized record is the above pending record.

Canada Striped Bass
"A striped bass weighing 28.6 kg (62.9 lb) was caught near Reversing Falls in the Saint John River, New Brunswick, in 1979".
"The record Canadian striped bass was caught in Nova Scotia in 1994. It weighted 54.06 lb."

·
Registered
3 Posts
True enough D but the official recognized record is the above pending record.

Canada Striped Bass
"A striped bass weighing 28.6 kg (62.9 lb) was caught near Reversing Falls in the Saint John River, New Brunswick, in 1979".
"The record Canadian striped bass was caught in Nova Scotia in 1994. It weighted 54.06 lb."
If a fish weighing 62.9 lb was caught in 1979 in Saint John, how can a fish weighing 54.06 lb in 1994 be the Canadian record... Is Saint John not part of Canada

·
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If a fish weighing 62.9 lb was caught in 1979 in Saint John, how can a fish weighing 54.06 lb in 1994 be the Canadian record... Is Saint John not part of Canada
If the fish wasnt caught by rod and reel and wasnt officially weighed its not a record.
They also report a fish was caught weighing 189 pounds in North carolina. Is that not the World record?

Read the page and email them Maybe they can tell you exactly why.
[email protected]
Canada Striped Bass

By the way that 58 pound fish is now officially recognized as world junior record by the IGFA. They received the news in late October. Christian is 16 years old.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts