Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help a bit I've caught many striper off of chunk Ive been trying to catch them with live herring any help on how to run them last ur I just let one free line with no weight I tried with a weight and this yr ran one with a balloon with no weight

·
Tyee
193 Posts
Re: 2015 STRIPER REPORTs

Usually I still use a fish finder rig weather drifting or anchored 3 or 4 oz lead and put that little bastard right on bottom or just above when drifting and watch your rod tip dance hope it helps good luk

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Re: 2015 STRIPER REPORTs

Get the live herring on the bottom with a 2 or 3 foot leader and an egg or some type of sliding sinker. Let them run in free spool for a bit then set the hook!

It seems like early in the year i get a lot of runs and don't come tight on the fish ... in a few days doing the same thing i stay hooked up so i don't know if it is small fish not inhaling the herring like the big ones do or in the colder water the fish feed less aggressively.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
We have always fished our live herring exactly the same as chunk. Slide weight set up with swivel, leader and circle hook. Might have to use a little more weight for the liver bait.

Some guys like to hook through head and others through back, it's just a preference thing.

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.