Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
swabbie
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

:lff3:

hehehe...

Brent has been fishing since last year. He's caught a lot of bass, a dace and a nice rainow trout - all from shore. I got him out on the boat once last year and he caught 7 bass - no pics :smiliedoh:

So the other day, Brent and I had our first day out on the boat - just the 2 of us - on a local lake. I caught one small bass and Brent caught a really small bass (6" maybe) and this little sunfish. I forgot I had the camera with me until he caught the sunnie but I just had to get a 'first pic' of Brent with a fish in the boat :10187:
Hopefully soon I'll have pics of some bigger fish. Brent is bugging me to take him Striper fishing but I'm a little worried about taking the little guy out there in my 15' boat.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I would have taken that little sunfish, got a bigger hook and jammed it in one eye and out the other and thrown it back, bass candy! I wish I was young enough still to not care how big or care what kind of fish I caught. It was cheaper lol.

·
swabbie
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, the little guy would rather catch a little sunnie than nothing at all. I can't wait until he catches something that really puts up a fight!

·
Banned
179 Posts
Wish you two were closer to me.I would love to have him get a avg 20 lb blue cat from my lake.If you guys get to Carolina I will take you out for the price of the gas.

·
First Mate
1,198 Posts
That a boy Brent. Keep fishing. Most important is the smile on his face. In a few years he will be pulling in 50 pounders. thumbsup.gif

·
Cow Catcher
937 Posts
should have rehooked it to catch a nice size Bass. ;)

·
4,419 Posts
Great picture jcv
I caught one just like that around his age. Mom bought it a bowl and i tossed in a slice of bread.

:einstein:

·
swabbie
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wish you two were closer to me.I would love to have him get a avg 20 lb blue cat from my lake.If you guys get to Carolina I will take you out for the price of the gas.
If I get out your way I'll take you up on that offer! I've watched your vids - you guys have some great fishing!

Thanks for the replies guys. I can't wait to get Brent on some bigger fish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts