Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
18,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NJ Striped Bass Bonus Program

New Jersey's Dept. of Environmental Protection announced a plan to administer the Striped Bass Bonus Program (SBBP) for 2005. This year's program rewards past participation while bringing in new participants via a lottery system.

New Jersey is allocated a commercial harvest quota of striped bass under the Striped Bass Interstate Fisheries Management Plan, but since the state does not allow the netting or sale of striped bass, the quota was transferred to the recreational sector in 1990, resulting in the origin of the SBBP.

New Jersey is the only state on the East Coast that allows recreational anglers the opportunity to keep a third striped bass per day. The current striped bass recreational size limits allow anglers to take one fish at 24 inches to less than 28 and one fish at 34 inches or greater. Under the 2005 SBBP, anglers will be able to take a third fish at 28 inches or larger.

You have to apply for the privilege of taking home that third striper.

The Division of Fish and Wildlife will allocate 20,000 bonus cards. Applications will be available at www.njfishandwildlife.com, and at most bait and tackle shops that distribute the Marine edition of the Fish & Wildlife Digest. No applications will be mailed out of Division offices. The application deadline is May 31, 2005.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just got my tags today

I guess it's better late than never. Actually, I'm pretty pumped about getting um'. I just wish they came about a month or so ago. I've been out five or six times already and can't fill out the log because I can't remember all the details. Oh well, I start the log this weekend and hope I can use one of the little red cards.

See ya in the rips.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.