Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there know of some good jetties to hit for stripers, blues, and other good fish? I live in Somerville and am very new to the sport. Just would like to know where to head to, in general, to cast my line into some deeper water from shore(and hopefully not drag the lure/bait into seaweed and rocks because it is too shallow). Any advice is appreciated. I have tried **** and ****. I have heard they are good but I must have been there on off-days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
**** is a good spot, but over in that same area try heading out on the ****. Have heard its over 30ft at high tide and I've seen Blues and Stripers pulled out. Preview it by looking at Google maps and you'll see just how far out it extends. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Pat,
I found the **** on Google Maps. How far from where you stand there is the water? Is it a big drop down, like from a bridge? I will try and check it out next weekend when I may have more time. BTW, I fished **** for a couple of hours today with some sandworms. Came up with nothing, but a beautiful beach and several testimonies that the fishing can be great there. I will go back.

Reelzen

·
Premium Member
5,899 Posts
Guys, PLEASE refrain from posting specific locations on this public forum. It is against forum policy for very good reason. If you would like to share specific locations with someone in particular, please do so in a Private Message instead of in a public post.

Thousands of people read these posts, and when specific locations are mentioned in this way on the public forum it can result in those locations becoming too crowded to fish.

Thank you for your cooperation :icon_thumright:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.