Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Son just began classes at SUNY maritime and I want to plan some fishing with him when he has some time off. I will be coming up from Virginia so any advise on whats running and when will be of great help for planning purposes.

Is it worth fishing from shore around the campus? It looks fishy on the point and around the bridge pillings.

We fish the Chesapeake Bay for Stripers, Flounder, Blues and assorted bottom fish but have no clue what is running when and what bait/lures will work best in the area?

Thanks in advance, good luck,

John

·
Striper Hunter
572 Posts
You can fish the point but you'll be better served to jump on a party boat(Island Current) out of City Island or rent a skiff from Jacks B&T( city island) NE of the school and visible by eye. Good fishing grounds all over, City Island, Harts Island(where they bury poor NY'ers), Hen & Chickens, Stepping Stones Lighthouse, Execution Rocks Lighthouse(historicaly significant-during colonial days when they executed someone, they rowed out at low tide, shackled the prisoner to the rocks and let the high tide take care of the rest).

·
Striper Hunter
572 Posts
The area holds resident bass year round. I'm catching almost keepers(25"-27") not too far away from there and 10# blues all on topwater. If things don't go too well shoot me a PM and i'll take you guys to one of my spots and put you on some fish!

When you rent the skiff give the guy on the dock $5 and he'll show you where to go.:icon_thumright:
BTW- porgy(scup) bite is red hot in the area!

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi im out of mamaroneck, with the drop in temp seems every one wants to fish black fish. thier are still stripers and blues, to be had... with all the bait in the middel of the sound you can jig under the bait, dimonds deadly dicks, and bucktail with pork trialers....., you can power drift shols with eels or hooges. any trying???

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey i go to maritime and fish a lot around that area. i fish eastchester bay and the campus mostly. mostly schoolies around the campus but a lot bigger fish in eastchester bay. anyone know when the fish are going to start coming back into the bays ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.