Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some thin stainless sheet metal that I have cut up for Danny plugs based on the info at this site:

http://www.make-your-own-fishing-lures.com/swimming-plugs.html

But I'd like to branch out and try an atom 40 style or maybe a junior swimmer. Since I don't have either to measure.......I was wondering if anyone had patterns or suggestions.

I'll appreciate the help. Jay

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
right on this forum, at the top you will see a how to on plug making. Look at it, as it has a wealth of information there. Your answers can be found there or use the search function also. Hope this helps you and god luck in building, lets see what you did so far.

·
1,559 Posts
New Jersey tackle sells every style of lip out there, and they also sell an assortment of 1 of each. They sponsor this forum, click on the banner.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Gunny: I've been to the NJT web page. They have great stuff, and I will undoubtedly place an order. My first attempt at that got lost in space somewhere, probably as a result of operator head-space difficulties on my part.

I was just in a roll-your-own mood and trying to see if there were lip-patterns available for guys like me who don't have samples to copy. Roll-your-own? I tie flies and don't make my own hooks or keep chickens, so go figure.

Getting close to finishing my first danny and will try to put up a pic when I do. Its one step forward, two steps back sometimes, but youse guys have been a great help and inspiration. Jay

·
3,471 Posts
If you want to make your own just get your hands on a commercial lip that you like and carefully flatten it out - there's your pattern, shape, bends, hole, everything.

Pull a lip out of a trashed plug and it'll cost you nothing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts